Stephen | Erin | Nathan | Jaxon

Stephen | Erin | Nathan | Jaxon

March 30, 2010

Welcome Baby Jax

A new baby is like the beginning of all things - wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.
-Eda J. Le Shan

On March 2, Stephen and I welcomed our newest addition into the family. Introducing,

Jaxon Bradford Kutch


8 lbs 5 oz 21 in

I've noticed that moms always share their "horror" labor stories with other moms...I guess it's just a mom thing. There was nothing absolutely terrible about it, I suppose. He decided to arrive 5 days late, the nurse bent the needle when inserting the IV resulting in an arm that hurt more than the contractions, the epidural wore off by the time it was time to push, and anyone that was within a 5 mile radius of the hospital probably heard my screams (which I promised myself I wouldn't do). I faintly remember begging them to cut me open because he was too big and "hurt too bad." Toughen up, Erin.


The end result is amazing though. Everything that just happened and all the torture you endured is completely forgotten about as you hold your child for the first time.


Absolutely amazing.

Welcome Jaxon to this crazy, hectic, yet beautiful world. It's full of mystery, temptation, surprises both good and bad, chance, desire, wonders, and love. I promise that Daddy & I will always be there to help, support, guide, and love to the end.